Full- and Part-time positions
Job Title: Preparator
Status: Full Time position w/ benefits (5 days a week, Monday - Friday)
Location: Westchester, NY
Reporting: Reports to Head of Art Services
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Move, pack and install artworks for viewings, audits, consignments, loans and conservation. Supervise small teams of art services contractors as needed. Execute and file art movement receipts. Input and review database location tracking. Travel as installation and transport courier as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in art services.
- Coordination and visual-spatial intelligence.
- A strong knowledge of museum standards for art handling.
- Extensive experience packing artwork: choosing and using archival materials to construct boxes, slip cases, portfolios, folios and complex sculpture trays.
- Must be comfortable reviewing and executing receipts, expects and bills of lading.
- Must be a self-starter, a team-player and be able to work independently on long-term projects.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record. Certified experience operating a forklift preferred.
- Proficiency with Mac OS X, MS Office, and Adobe CS. Experience using FileMaker, SketchUp and/or AutoCAD is preferred.
- Bachelors, MFA, or related degree preferred with fluency in spoken and written English.
- Requires ability to sit, stand, speak and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications along with your resume to email@example.com by March 23, 2018. Include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls.
About the Foundation:
The Robert Rauschenberg Foundation (RRF) fosters the legacy of Rauschenberg’s life, work, and philosophy that art can change the world. The foundation supports artists, initiatives, and institutions that embody the same fearlessness, innovation, and multidisciplinary approach that Rauschenberg exemplified in both his art and philanthropic endeavors. The foundation focuses on three major areas: 1) increasing public access to and scholarship of Rauschenberg’s artwork; 2) cultivating emerging and established artists through a residency program at the artist’s Captiva, Florida, home and studio; and 3) creating philanthropic initiatives that connect art, culture, and creativity with important issues such as education and climate change.
Rauschenberg was a strong believer in collaboration between artists and across cultures. His life and work demonstrated how art could be a vehicle for social change, locally and globally. We are proud to carry Rauschenberg’s legacy forward, and the impact of his spirit and style are reflected in the projects that we invest in.