Full- and Part-time positions
Job Title: Preparator
Status: Part Time position (3 days a week, Monday - Wednesday)
Location: Westchester, NY
Reporting: Reports to Head Preparator and Warehouse Manager
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Move, pack and install artworks for viewings, audits, consignments, loans and conservation. Supervise small teams of art services contractors as needed. Execute and file art movement receipts. Input and review database location tracking. Travel as installation and transport courier as needed.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required:
- Minimum 5 years experience working in art services is required.
- Must be a self-starter, a team-player and be able to work independently on long-term projects.
- A strong knowledge of museum standards for art handling is required.
- Must have extensive experience packing artwork: choosing and using archival materials to construct boxes, slip cases, portfolios, folios and complex sculpture trays.
- Must be able to safely lift and maneuver large, complex objects mechanically and physically on a daily basis.
- Must be comfortable reviewing and executing receipts, expects, and bills of lading.
- Certified experience operating a forklift preferred but not required.
- Bachelors, MFA, or related degree preferred with fluency in spoken and written English.
- Advanced computer skills: Mac OS X, MS Office, Filemaker Pro, Adobe. Experience using SketchUp and/or AutoCAD is preferred but not required.
- Requires ability to sit, stand, speak and hear, sometimes for extended periods of time
- Must be able to safely lift up to 50 lbs
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders
How to Apply:
Please email a cover letter describing your interest and qualifications along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 28, 2017. Include the position title in the subject line. No phone calls.